Coaches’ Code of Ethics Pledge
I hereby Pledge to live up to my certification as a HYA Coach by following the HYA Coaches’ Code of Ethics Pledge.
Parents’ Code of Ethics Pledge
I hereby Pledge to provide positive support, care, and encouragement for my child participating in youth sports by following this Parents Code of Ethics Pledge.
- I will place the emotional and physical well being of my players ahead of any
personal desire to win.
- I will remember to treat each player as an individual, remembering the large
spread of emotional and physical development for the same age group.
- I will do my very best to provide a safe playing situation for my players.
- I promise to review and practice the necessary first-aid principles needed to
treat injuries of my players.
- I will do my best to organize practices that are fun and challenging for all my
- I will lead, by example, in demonstrating fair play and sportsmanship to all
- I will ensure that I am knowledgeable in the rules of each sport that I coach,
and that I will teach these rules to my players.
- I will use those coaching techniques appropriate for each of the skills that I
- I will remember that I am a youth coach, and that the game is for the
children and not adults.
Players’ Code of Ethics
I hereby Pledge to provide a positive attitude and be responsible for my participation in Youth Sports by following the Code of Ethics:
- I will encourage good sportsmanship by demonstrating positive support for all
players, coaches, and officials at every game, practice, or other youth sport
- I will place the emotional and physical well being of my child ahead of any
personal desire to win.
- I will insist that my child play in a safe and healthy environment.
- I will provide support for coaches and officials working with my child to
provide a positive, enjoyable experience for all.
- I will demand a drug, alcohol, and tobacco-free sports environment for my
child and agree to assist by refraining from their use at all youth sports
- I will remember that the game is for children and not for adults.
- I will do my very best to make youth sports fun for my child.
- I will ask my child to treat other players, coaches, fans, and officials with
respect regardless of race, sex, creed, or ability.
- I will promise to help my child’s coach be trained in the responsibilities of
being a youth sports coach and that the coach upholds the HYA Coaches’
Code of Ethics.
I will encourage good sportsmanship from fellow players, coaches, officials, and parents at every game and practice.
I will attend every practice and game that is reasonably possible and notify my coach if I cannot.
I will expect to receive a fair and equal amount of playing time.
I will do my very best to listen and learn from my coaches.
I will treat my coaches with respect regardless of race, sex, creed, or abilities and I will expect to be treated accordingly.
I deserve to have fun during my sports experience and will alert parents or coaches if it stops being FUN!
I deserve to play in an alcohol, tobacco, and drug free environment and expect adults to respect that wish.
I will encourage my parents to be involved with my team in some capacity because it’s important to me.
I will do my very best in school.
I will remember that sports are an opportunity to learn and have fun.